Check these babies out...photos I mean. According to our Punt Master, the Colleges can be very competitive with each other. Their competitive natures have been passed down through the centuries..and I mean centuries. These colleges don't even remember why they don't like each other...they just know they don't. It is in their DNA.
Don't ask me which one is which...Google it and see if you can distinguish them apart. I have made an effort in some places, but cannot really be sure. Make your comments and guesses and read a little bit of history. Like who famous attended what college...you will be surprised how many, or not.
Oh, and I threw in a couple of bridges to boot.
Oh, and I threw in a couple of bridges to boot.
Katie and Mikey, I think this one above is King's College. It doesn't look like your King's College.
Above is the Library, one of many, noted for many things. It was noted by our Punting Guide that the lower floor is kept virtually empty of valuables in particular, in case of flooding. The upper windows is where all of the good stuff is kept.
Above is the residence for St. John's College. We are told that this is the one that all of the other colleges despised and as I said, they don't even remember why.
Below, bridges, bridges and bridges....after all, it is Cam-Bridge...that is a Bridge over the Cam river. Funny what you see when you break things down like that.
Below, St. John's residence from another angle. If I have this wrong, please speak up someone.
Apparently they ran out of the good materials on this college, so they covered the back side with ivy, to mask the brick. The ivy was just starting to take on the colour of fall. Also of note, the students are asked to open their windows from time to time, to prevent them from being over-grown. Some fail to perform that simple duty and the expected results ... well, it resulted.
Not sure what this is below...but it is part of a college. Pat says this is where the Law Master lives at Trinity College. She may be right.
Some of the buildings were right on the river.
Below, Cambridge Quayside Magdalene Bridge
Below, the Bridge of Sighs, St. John's College.
Below, this is Mathematical Bridge as it is called. It came with a BS story but I called our Master Punter on it
No comments:
Post a Comment