We of course met up with Cousin Helen and Neville last night for dinner and they joined us today for the final day at the Burghley Horse Trials. The weather was sunny and bordering on warm...all and all, an excellent day. It is nice to have family in other parts of the world don't you think?
Nice looking couple eh! I should be a photographer.
Standing in Cottesmore Leap...just to give it some scale.
Neville was having difficulty understanding what the whole concept was about...he thought a horse was coming.
Today, we stopped by the little village of Barnack, right next door to the Burghley Estate.
I am just going to show you the deserts. As for the rest of the lunch/dinner, it was fabulous.
Helen's Bailey Cheese Cake and Chocolate Ice Cream
Yes Katie...this is sticky taffy pudding with ice cream. This was Neville's choice. Yum yum!
Your mother had Apple Cinnamon Crisp with Custard and Cream. I had a couple of bites of hers.
We were all very satisfied and it was the perfect end to a great day.
Looking good Pat and Mike, it is great to connect with family in other parts of the world, you now have a new SKYPE buddy. I am thoroughly enjoying the updates Mike.
ReplyDelete