Monday, September 8, 2014

Cambridge - A Historic Town

I won't bother giving you all with of the history of what we learned today, mostly because it went in one ear and out the other. On the other hand, the history is very rich and very worthwhile reading about. Some of you may know it all and can simply enjoy the pictures. Others, well, get busy.

We made our way by car to St. Ives, and then hopped a bad ass bus to Cambridge. Very cool.


Ok, normal busses aren't that cool, but this one was....why? Check out the track in front of the bus. This is called the "guided bus" and it steers at most times by itself by little wheels on the side of the bus... they track inside the channeled road...and no, the bus driver did not guide us or give a guided tour...these low tech tracks guided the bus while the driver simply pressed on the gas pedal. Huh! I told you it was cool didn't I?



We made our way into Cambride and stopped for a quick lunch to prepare us for our tour of the Cam River.



Before getting underway, Neville felt it necessary to check out the operation before, and deciding which boat driver/punter and tour guide we should employ.


Needless to say, this young lady was Neville's first choice and I must say I concurred.


Helen and Pat of course won out with their preferred choice and reluctantly, the Neville and I capitulated as we usually do. :(

Katie, what do you think? University Grad...good prospects and he worked here through high school and University.





Random Duck.


So where is Pat? Well, she was showing showing the young man how to steer the boat.





We ran across some other Canadians, vacationing or studying here?



 Below, we are heading back to the bus for the ride home. As I write this... Helene and Neville just texted that they have arrived back home. Thanks to them both for such a wonderful day...and yes, that is blue sky up there...expect for the rest of the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment