Friday, September 5, 2014

Day Two - Weather was FAB!

Today, dressage went along just fine....

The placings after two days are....

1st Jonathan Paget from New Zealand on Clifton Promise
2nd William Fox-Pitt from the UK on Bay My Hero
3rd Sam Griffith from Australia on Happy Times

All three are less than one rail apart...very close. For you laymen out there, that is less than 4 points apart...for you people who still don't know what I am talking about...let's just say it is very exciting!

Here are the photos of the top two.


Jonathan Paget




William Fox-Pitt

And a quick add on...I had the opportunity to go "walk about" with Lucinda Green, three time champion of Burghley ...it would have been just Lucinda and I but unfortunately, we both had to tolerate 30 or 40 of our closest friends. Not withstanding, we walked the cross-country course...the whole course, and it looks to be as always, a challenging event.

Above, Lucinda, chatting it up with the group, giving them untold quantities of information from personal experiences over many years of Eventing including Burghley.


Jump #8, the last of three...two in combination, one representing the planets, one representing the moon, and then, the sun.


The group...all listening intently to Lucinda, taking it all in.


Oh, and we ran into our good friend, Andrew Hoy from Australia. Katie, Chiara, Jennie and I ran into him at Rolex Kentucky back in about 2005, when he was a mere grounds keeper. Nice guy, gave us a ride on his golf cart. Now he is one of the top riders in the world. Good to see you doing so well Andrew. I thought the ladies would like this shot.

Well, that is all for now.

See you soon.

Mike and Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment